Jed L. Frankel is a partner at Eisinger Law, a full service Florida law firm focusing on community association law, real estate law, developer representation, commercial litigation and insurance law.
Frankel, a native South Floridian, is Board Certified in both Condominium and Planned Development Law and Civil Trial Law by The Florida Bar and is also a Florida Certified Circuit Mediator.
He focuses his practice on Complex and Commercial Litigation; Real Estate Litigation; a; Community Association Law; State and Local Administrative Law; and Dispute Resolution in the Community Association setting; and has represented numerous clients before administrative, trial court and appellate panels across the State of Florida. Frankel has published numerous articles relating to community association law and lectures extensively on the subject.
In addition to his dual Certification by The Florida Bar Super Lawyers, a peer designation awarded only to a select number of accomplished attorneys, selected Frankel as a Top Rated General Litigation Attorney (2014-2020); “AV” rated (5.0) by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™, the gold standard in attorney ratings; ranked by South Florida Legal Guide “Top Lawyers” Community Associations/Real Estate (2013-16) and ranked by Miami Magazine’s Top Attorneys of Miami, 2014 among other acknowledgments.
Education and Admissions:
Frankel received his Juris Doctorate with Honors from the University of Florida College of Law and graduated summa cum laude from Emory College with a Bachelor of Arts Degree. He was admitted to The Florida Bar in 1993, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida in 1994 and the United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit in 1995.
Professional and Community Organizations:
- Legal Aid Service of Broward County, Volunteer with Broward Lawyers Care, Advice and Counsel Hotline
- Broward County Bar Association, Member
- Volunteer, Justice Teaching Program (Florida Supreme Court)
- Board Member, Treasurer (2015) B’nai B’rith Justice Unit 5207
- Director, Miami Beach Basketball Club, Inc. (2014-2019)
- Member, Community Association Institute – South Florida Chapter.
- Member, Hallandale Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Bay Harbor Islands Planning and Zoning Board, 2014 – present
- Member, Bay Harbor Islands Charter and Ordinance Review Committee, 2005 – 07
- Board Member, Beth Moshe Congregation, 1998 – 2009
- Board Member, Fraternity of Phi Gamma Delta FIU Graduate Ass’n 1999 -2000
- Member, Bay Harbor Development Association, 2002 – 04
- Member, Miami Beach Charter Review Board, 1994 – 96
- Board Member, Miami Beach Junior Chamber of Commerce, 1993 – 96
- Member, Miami Beach Mayor’s Committee on Homelessness, 1994
- Assistant Disciplinary Counsel, Fraternity of Phi Gamma Delta, 1994
- Board Member, Emory Alumni Association of South Florida
- Life Member, University of Florida National Alumni Association
- Member, Miami Beach Senior High School Alumni Association
- Miami Beach Taxpayers’ Association, 1993-96
- Recipient, 11th Judicial Circuit, Put Something Back Pro Bono Award, 1994-95
- Recipient, 11th Judicial Circuit Certificate of Appreciation, 1998 (Jury Duty).
- Bay Holdings v. 2000 Island Boulevard Condominium Ass’n., Inc., 895 So. 2d 1197 (Fla. 3d DCA 2005).
- Monsanto Co. v. Campuzano, 206 F. Supp. 2d 1276 (S.D. Fla. 2002)
- Monsanto Co. v. Campuzano, 2002 WL 34382458 (S.D. Fla. 2002)
- Resnick v.Uccello Immobilien GMBH, Inc., 227 F. 3d 1347 (11th Cir. 2000)
- United States v. Macia, 157 F. Supp. 2d 1369 (S.D. Fla. 2001)
- Lamothe v. Bal Harbour 101 Condominium Ass’n., Inc., 2007 WL 781909 (S.D. Fla. 2007)
- Arteaga v. Department of Business and Professional Regulation, 54 So. 3d 599 (Fla. 3d DCA 2011)
- Kaine v. D.A. Mortgage, Inc., 998 So. 2d 616 (Fla. 3d DCA 2008)
- Cantwell v. The Grand Condominium Association, Inc., 986 So. 2d 611 (Fla. 3d DCA 2008)
- The Grand Condominium Association, Inc. v. Cohn, 970 So. 2d 365 (Fla. 3d DCA 2007)
- Abraham & Associates, Inc. v. Surrey Holding Corp., 939 So. 2d 332 (Fla. 4th DCA 2006)
- Carnero v. National Home Mortgage Corp., 941 So. 2d 395 (Fla. 3d DCA 2006)
- United Grand Condominium Owners, Inc. v. The Grand Condominium, 929 So. 2d 24 (Fla. 3d DCA 2006)
- Davies v. Turner, 802 So. 2d 1195 (Fla. 1st DCA 2002)
- Holmes v. Posler, 847 So. 2d 583 (Fla. 3d DCA 2003)
- Kearns v. 8911 Normandy Beach, Inc., 814 So. 2d 516 (Fla. 3d DCA 2002)
- Florida Tower Condominium, Inc. v. Mindes, 770 So. 2d 210 (Fla. 3d DCA 2000)
- Quintana v. Miami Pizza, Inc. 731 So. 2d 824 (Fla. 3d DCA 1999)
- BFI Waste Systems v. Waste Solutions, Inc., 727 So. 2d 414 (Fla. 5th DCA 1999)
- Martino v. Metropolitan Dade Co., 655 So. 2d 151 (Fla. 3d DCA 1995)
- DBR practice focus – E-Commerce poses challenge to Community Associations
- Communities still on guard against squatters – Coconut Creek Forum
- Communities still on guard against squatters – Margate Forum
- Hi-Riser squatters remain an issue
- Daily Business Review – Reversal of final judgment likely to impact foreclosures statewide
- Documents should be closely reviewed to avoid ‘clerical’ mistakes – DBR commentary
- Hurricane Irma Take-Aways for Community Associations