Corporate / Partnership Law
Eisinger Brown Lewis Frankel & Chaiet, P.A. represents a diverse group of businesses as outside or special corporate counsel. Representative clients include real estate development companies, real estate leasing and management companies, hoteliers, finance companies, retail businesses, construction industry companies, manufacturers, medical service companies, entertainment companies, and a variety of corporations, general and limited partnerships, joint ventures and limited liability companies.
We work closely with our clients and their accountants in regard to the selection of the appropriate business entity, in forming and maintaining the entities and in preparing appropriate employment agreements, consulting agreements, stock redemption agreements, stockholder agreements, partnership agreements and operating agreements. We have extensive experience in the purchase and sale of business assets and stock and partnership interests, as well as all phases of asset based lending.
Eisinger Brown Lewis Frankel & Chaiet, P.A.’s Corporate Law practice group consists of knowledgeable and experienced attorneys who have served as counsel to publicly traded companies, privately held companies, partnerships, private equity funds, investment funds, joint ventures and entrepreneurs. We represent companies at various stages of development, ranging from start-up companies to entities with well-established operations. Our focus is to work with our clients to achieve their objectives efficiently, effectively, and as quickly as possible, and we share our clients’ emphasis on the bottom line and the tax efficiency of corporate structures and operations.
Our firm provides both a wide spectrum of ongoing corporate services and counsel to companies across a wide array of industries. Our services include:
- Organization and formation of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Preparation and negotiation of equity ownership, corporate governance and entity control agreements, such as shareholders' agreements, bylaws, options agreements, ESOPs, convertible debt arrangements and operating agreements.
- Advise directors, officers and shareholders about corporate rights and duties.
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, such as franchise agreements, business contracts, employment agreements, non-competition agreements, confidentiality agreements, trade secret protection documents, real estate contracts and sales agreements.
- Draft and negotiate executive employment agreements, incentive compensation plans, non-competition agreements, releases and severance arrangements.
- Draft and negotiate financing, loan and securitization arrangements under the Uniform Commercial Code.
Launching a business venture should begin with careful research, planning and solid legal advice. Our lawyers counsel clients beginning with their business’s infancy. We offer legal counsel to assist clients in selecting the type of business structure, planning and implementation to maximize profitability, while minimizing the risk of future conflict.
Contracts and agreements are at the heart of business relationships with partners, llc members, corporate officers, employees, service providers, suppliers and customers.
Because our litigation practice gives us constant exposure to all kinds of controversies that often arise due to contract errors or ambiguities and the intricacies of various business relationships, our corporate law attorneys are particularly cognizant of such issues and well-prepared to advise our clients and to assist them in avoiding common pitfalls and take the necessary steps to protect their business interests.
A primary tenant of our corporate law practice is counseling clients to minimize litigation. We strongly believe that the first opportunity to avoid potential litigation presents itself when a business entity is created. Discussing your unique business situation and goals with one of our attorneys may save you considerable time and resources.