Community Association Services
The following are just some of the many services that we provide to our various condominium and homeowners’ association clients on a daily basis:
- Address day-to-day questions regarding substantive, procedural and operational matters affecting the association.
- Preparation of notice packages for annual meetings, special meetings and association elections.
- Attendance at board of directors and members meetings.
- Collection of maintenance assessments and special assessments through issuance of demand letters, filing of claims of lien, and, if necessary, initiation of lien foreclosure actions.
- Provide both legal and practical advice and strategy regarding the impact of mortgage foreclosures upon the association for the purpose of maximizing the association's financial recovery from the mortgagee.
- Draft, review and negotiate proposed contracts affecting or desired by the association, including, without limitation, contracts pertaining to building repainting, roof replacement, concrete restoration, general construction, valet parking, telecommunications and management services.
- Provide interpretation of the governing documents of the community.
- Provide advice and assistance regarding the amendment of the governing documents (i.e., Declaration, Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation) to eliminate obsolete provisions, to modernize the documents, and/or to conform the documents to meet the current needs of the community.
- Provide periodic update and education regarding applicability of statutory changes and judicial decisions affecting the community association industry.
- Provide advice regarding disaster preparedness and issues arising from the aftermath.
- Preparation of minutes, corporate notices and corporate resolutions, and provide general corporate representation.
- Provide legal counsel with respect to claims of construction defects, breach of warranties, financial/accounting claims, and misrepresentation claims involving the community's developer and/or other parties.
- Negotiation of loans and/or commercial lines of credit to cover expenses for capital projects, deficit obligations, etc.
- Enforcement of restrictions and covenants contained within the governing documents and/or rules of the community.
- Assist the board of directors on fiscal matters including, but not limited to, budgeting, establishing reserves, and levying special assessments.
- Address insurance coverage issues and determine respective responsibilities and liabilities.
- Provide advice regarding compliance with applicable local, State and Federal laws such as the Telecommunications Act of 1996, Fair Housing laws, employment/labor laws, vehicle towing regulations, mechanic's lien law, etc.
- Handling litigation and arbitration cases with third parties or owners on behalf of the association.
- Addressing issues relating to the possible recall of directors.
- Addressing/defending the association with respect to DBPR complaints and/or enforcement matters.
- Addressing successor developer, bulk assignee, bulk buyer and institutional mortgagee issues relating to the association.
Our attorneys and staff are seasoned professionals in the field of community association law. With experienced attorneys, paralegals, assessment collection specialists and expert administrative staff, we are committed to providing effective, innovative, and comprehensive legal services to our community association clients.