Jed Frankel has represented numerous clients, including community associations, before administrative, trial court and appellate panels across the State. He is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Florida Bar and “AV” rated by his peers. Frankel graduated from Emory College in 1990 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree summa cum laude, and received his juris doctorate with honors from the University of Florida College of Law in 1993.
While at Emory he was a Dean’s Scholarship recipient for four years and inducted into the Pi Sigma Alpha and Phi Alpha Delta honor societies. He was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1993, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida in 1994 and the United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit in 1995.
Professional and Community Organizations:
- Trial Lawyers Section of The Florida Bar
- Board of Directors of the B’nai B’rith Justice Unit 5207
- Board of Directors of the Emory Alumni Association of South Florida.
- Life member of the University of Florida National Alumni Association
- Assistant Disciplinary Counsel of Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity
- Secretary of the Graduate Association of Phi Gamma Delta at Florida International University, Inc.
- Member, Aventura-Sunny Isles Beach Chamber of Commerce.
- Previously served as a member of the Miami Beach Jaycees, the City of Miami Beach Charter Review Committee, The City of Miami Beach Committee on Homelessness, The Bay Harbor Charter and Ordinance Review Committee and the Professionalism Committee of the Dade County Bar Association
- Volunteer with the Florida Supreme Court’s “Justice Teaching” program speaking to elementary school students about the civil justice system and related issues.
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Civil Trial Law (2007-2017)
- Rated “AV” (5.0) by Martindale-Hubbell
- South Florida Legal Guide 2014 and 2013 “Top Lawyers” Real Estate/Community Associations
- 2014 Florida Super Lawyers
- Member of the Dade County Bar Association
- Director and Counsel for Tennis4All Foundation, Inc. and Miami Beach Basketball Club, Inc.
- Member of the Community Association Institute – South Florida Chapter.
- Member of the Miami Beach Senior High School Alumni Association
- Board Member, Beth Moshe Congregation, 1998 – 2009
- Member, Bay Harbor Development Association, 2002 – 04
- Miami Beach Taxpayers’ Association, 1993-96
- Bay Holdings v. 2000 Island Boulevard Condominium Ass’n., Inc., 895 So. 2d 1197 (Fla. 3d DCA 2005).
- Monsanto Co. v. Campuzano, 206 F. Supp. 2d 1276 (S.D. Fla. 2002)
- Monsanto Co. v. Campuzano, 2002 WL 34382458 (S.D. Fla. 2002)
- Resnick v.Uccello Immobilien GMBH, Inc., 227 F. 3d 1347 (11th Cir. 2000)
- United States v. Macia, 157 F. Supp. 2d 1369 (S.D. Fla. 2001)
- Lamothe v. Bal Harbour 101 Condominium Ass’n., Inc., 2007 WL 781909 (S.D. Fla. 2007)
- Arteaga v. Department of Business and Professional Regulation, 54 So. 3d 599 (Fla. 3d DCA 2011)
- Kaine v. D.A. Mortgage, Inc., 998 So. 2d 616 (Fla. 3d DCA 2008)
- Cantwell v. The Grand Condominium Association, Inc., 986 So. 2d 611 (Fla. 3d DCA 2008)
- The Grand Condominium Association, Inc. v. Cohn, 970 So. 2d 365 (Fla. 3d DCA 2007)
- Abraham & Associates, Inc. v. Surrey Holding Corp., 939 So. 2d 332 (Fla. 4th DCA 2006)
- Carnero v. National Home Mortgage Corp., 941 So. 2d 395 (Fla. 3d DCA 2006)
- United Grand Condominium Owners, Inc. v. The Grand Condominium, 929 So. 2d 24 (Fla. 3d DCA 2006)
- Davies v. Turner, 802 So. 2d 1195 (Fla. 1st DCA 2002)
- Holmes v. Posler, 847 So. 2d 583 (Fla. 3d DCA 2003)
- Kearns v. 8911 Normandy Beach, Inc., 814 So. 2d 516 (Fla. 3d DCA 2002)
- Florida Tower Condominium, Inc. v. Mindes, 770 So. 2d 210 (Fla. 3d DCA 2000)
- Quintana v. Miami Pizza, Inc. 731 So. 2d 824 (Fla. 3d DCA 1999)
- BFI Waste Systems v. Waste Solutions, Inc., 727 So. 2d 414 (Fla. 5th DCA 1999)
- Martino v. Metropolitan Dade Co., 655 So. 2d 151 (Fla. 3d DCA 1995)
- DBR practice focus – E-Commerce poses challenge to Community Associations
- Communities still on guard against squatters – Coconut Creek Forum
- Communities still on guard against squatters – Margate Forum
- Hi-Riser squatters remain an issue
- Daily Business Review – Reversal of final judgment likely to impact foreclosures statewide
- Documents should be closely reviewed to avoid ‘clerical’ mistakes – DBR commentary
Legal Buttons / Awards
Phone: 954-894-8000 Ext. 301